EIMS is one of the foremost consultancies in Africa with respect to tailored design and implementation of ISO 14001 compliant, strategically appropriate environmental management systems (EMS). Ever since the ISO 14001 International Standard was first published in 1996, the firm has actively participated in the development of the standards, and has consequently become well known for high quality ISO 14001 EMS development services in a wide variety of industries, including: Chemical manufacturing; Major civil engineering contracting; Telecommunications; The armaments industry; Precious metals refinery; Automotive component manufacture; Power sector; and Waste management. EIMS also has experience in developing integrated management systems, including integrating the ISO 14001 EMS with Health and Safety Systems, and ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems.
The firms’ approach to system design and implementation is based on a solid foundation of conventional business management theory and expertise, blended with pure environmental management. The result is a system that is specifically designed to optimise synergies with other management systems already in place in the client’s organisation, and that fully supports the clients strategic and management objectives. A strong project management approach is followed to ensure that the system is implemented to specification, on time and within budget.
The firm’s staff have provided external auditor and other ISO 14001 related services to several accredited certification service providers as well as certified organisations Selected ISO 14001 EMS design and implementation experience is listed below:
- EMS for the construction of the Lesotho Highlands Water Project (Phase 2B);
- EMS for the Bakwena Platinum Highway, North West, RSA;
- EMS for Matimba Power Station, Limpopo, RSA;
- EMS for the Coega IDZ, Eastern Cape, RSA;
- EMS Development and implementation for Primary Energy Division of Eskom;
- Provision of a legal review audit in compliance with ISO 14001:2004 certification requirements as well as the preparation of a Waste Management Plan for all Eskom Real Estate Operations; and
- Paperless EMS for Vodacom Group, RSA.
Selected ISO14001 EMS audits are listed below:
- Legal review audit for Eskom’s Medupi Power Station Operational Phase as part of the requirements of Medupi Powers Station Operation’s ISO 14001 EMS, Limpopo Province, RSA;
- Legal review audit for Eskom’s Medupi Power Station Construction Project as part of the requirements of Medupi Powers Station Construction’s ISO 14001 EMS, Limpopo Province, RSA;
- Legal review audit for Eskom Real Estate (ERE) as part of the requirements of ERE’s ISO 14001 EMS, Various sites across the country, RSA;
- Legal review audit for Eskom’s Group Capital Division Offices (GCDO) Business Unit as part of the requirements of GCDO’s ISO 14001 EMS, Johannesburg, RSA;
- Legal review audit for Eskom’s Power Delivery Projects (PDP) Business Unit as part of the requirements of PDP’s ISO 14001 EMS. Various sites across the country, RSA;
- ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001 and HSE Legal Compliance Audit for the Armaments Corporation of South Africa SOC Limited (ARMSCOR), Infrastructure Division, Pretoria, RSA;
- ISO 14001 EMS and legal compliance audits for the operations of the Eskom Matimba Power Station, Lephalale, Limpopo Province, RSA.